Saturday 20 April 2013

Feeling a little blue...

Blue... thats the colour theme of my very first Crafty Creative box and my most favourite colour.

For those that have never heard of Crafty Creative, its a monthly subscription and you get a box of crafty goodies of various mediums, including a craft kit and crafty samples!

So after a 48 hour wait to get to the post office to pick up and after todays craft show I finally sat down with a cuppa and my camera and a bit of excitement and apprehension to open the box.


The box


Everything comes wrapped in tissue  - blue of course this month - and this and the box will not be wasted, will use for packaging for Tinks Things goodies as I send all my goodies out in recycled boxes, though the Graze boxes are perfect for this, especially as they've always got an interesting photo printed inside.



First out is the month kit, a gorgeous mini bird mobile, with everything you need to make it, in of course blue. You get the felt, stuffing, thread, dowels, needle and sequins and the all essential instructions and pattern.  I cant wait to sit down to make this, no doubt adding my own little twist.


Next was my most favourite, paint, glitter and canvas! Unbelievably these are three  Decoart Americana colours that I haven't got so can't wait to get painting with these and with fathers day coming up these are the perfect colours. The mini canvas is just screaming to be papered, glittered, inked and glued.. oh and what else two lovely shades of textured paper...perfect for the canvas along with the two tubes of glitter and tube of gorgeous seedbeads from Stix 2.


Now the next lot of goodies are really out of my comfort zone, I needlefelt, not possibly as much as I should and really have no idea what I'm doing, just stab away, but never had a go at jewellery making, usually just use any charms or beads I have lying around to add to my wooden bits so this is really going to stretch me. The nepalese felt balls at the top of the picture are just screaming to be made into a necklace, so this is the perfect excuse to get the needle out and make some of my own. The stunning glass beads from Musha Makes in the middle I think may be a pressie for someone who would make better use of them than me and the two blue birds at the bottom may find their way into one of my Tinks Things makes. These are all sat on the most gorgeous fat quarter of flowery material - I'm thinking peg fairies. as this is the limit of my sewing.


Last but not least is this fantastic clay from Jumping Clay which I cant wait to play with as ive never used clay before so cant wait to see what I come up with, possibly something abstract (well that's my excuse). It also comes with a little step by step so really I cant go wrong.


So here's all the goodies that i received in my very first box, one thing i did miss was this gorgeous art card (top right hand corner) by Catherine Moody and for my very first box I definately wasn't disappointed and cant wait for my next one.


Sam x

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete